Our Commitment to You
Your security and privacy is important to us. We will ensure that we take all measures to protect the information of candidates, clients, suppliers and employees.
- never store resume information on our website
- use best practice measures for securely storing your information
- provide you with current warnings relating to relevant scams we are aware of
- respond in a timely manner to your enquiries
Trojan Recruitment Group Pty Ltd and its related entities (referred to as “us”, "we" or “our”) are committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information that we collect from you and complying with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the “Privacy Act”), including the National Privacy Principles (the “NPPs”).
What is personal information?
The Privacy Act defines personal information as ‘information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion. Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you. If the information you provide to us identifies you or your identity can be reasonably ascertained from such information, it will be considered personal information and we will manage such information in accordance with the Privacy Act, NPPs and this policy’.
What Sensitive Information Is
Sensitive information is a special category of personal information. It is information or an opinion about your:
- racial or ethnic origin;
- political opinion;
- membership of a political association or religious beliefs, affiliations or philosophical beliefs;
- membership of a professional or trade association or membership of a trade union;
- sexual preferences or practices;
- criminal record;
- health or disability (at any time);
- expressed wishes about the future provision of health services.
It includes personal information collected to provide a health service. Sensitive information can, in most cases, only be disclosed with your consent. We do not actively seek to collect sensitive information unless it is necessary for our business purposes. If we do have to collect sensitive information, we will do so in accordance with the National Privacy Principles.
What information do we collect?
We collect personal information in a variety of ways, including via the Trojan Recruitment Group website, www.trojanrecruit.com.au (such as when users register, apply for employment), when you respond to e-mail questionnaires or when you provide personal information to us by other means, such as in person, over the phone or by email.
Personal information that we collect and hold usually falls into the following categories:
- Candidate Information submitted and obtained from the Candidate and other sources in connection with applications for work;
- Work performance information;
- Information about incidents in the workplace;
- Staff information;
- Information submitted and obtained in relation to absences from work due to leave, illness or other causes;
- Information obtained to assist in managing client and business relationships;
- Sensitive Information such as health information, criminal record, trade and professional memberships (including trade unions) etc.
Some information that we collect may not be personal information. This may include aggregated information about how users use the Trojan Recruitment Group website, anonymous answers to surveys and other information that does not personally identify you. Information that is not personal information is not subject to the Privacy Act or the NPPs and we can use such information for any purpose.
Use of your personal and sensitive information
Your personal and sensitive information may be used in connection with:
- your actual or possible work placement;
- checking your work rights status with any government department or body (or their agents);
- payment for work completed on a temporary/contract assignment;
- follow up with you to offer you work or ascertain your availability for work;
- your performance appraisals;
- our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects;
- any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo;
- our identification of your training needs;
- any workplace rehabilitation;
- our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved;
- any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information;
- ensuring our internal business processes are running smoothly which may include quality assurance audits, quality and services evaluations, fulfilling legal requirements and conducting confidential systems maintenance and testing;
- to undertake directly or through agent criminal reference checking with relevant government agencies
- to send you material about our company, job postings that fit your profile, or infomation to assist with your employment or association with Trojan (Opt Out/Opt In available).
Links to third-party sites
In relation to the Trojan Recruitment Group website. We may provide links to third-party web-sites as a service to our users. We cannot control or accept responsibility for the information collection practices of such third-parties. We encourage you to review and understand the privacy policies of the relevant third-parties before providing any information to them.
We may disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it is primarily held or for a related secondary purpose and in some cases we may only disclose information with your consent.
Your Personal and Sensitive Information may be Disclosed to:-
- prospective, potential and actual employers and clients of Trojan;
- your referees;
- other members of Trojan;
- our insurers;
- a professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information;
- a Workers Compensation body;
- any government department or body (or their agents) to verify
- your work rights status;
- a designated, registered training provider in relation to training and personal development opportunities;
- our contractors and suppliers – e.g. our I.T. contractors and database designers any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information.
We will not intentionally disclose (and will take commercially reasonable steps to prevent the accidental disclosure of) your personal information to third-parties, whether for such third parties' marketing purposes or otherwise, except when we believe we are under a lawful duty of care to do so.
We will store a candidate’s personal information for a reasonable period of time necessary for us to provide services to the candidate. At any time, and at the candidate’s request, we will destroy the personal information of that candidate. We will do this for any lawful request.
However, we cannot guarantee the complete security of data transmissions or communications over the internet. As such, you provide information to us over the internet at your own risk.
Subject to some exceptions which are set out in the National Privacy Principles (Principle 6 – Access and Correction), you have a right to see and have a copy of personal and sensitive information about you that we hold.
If you are able to establish that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, we will take reasonable steps to correct it so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If we are unable to agree that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date, you may ask us to place with the information a statement by you that claims that particular information is not accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If you wish to exercise your rights of access and correction you may access and update some personal information through the Trojan Recruitment Group website. To do so, please go to www.trojanrecruit.com.au/member/login.aspx and log-in with your user name and password or contact our Privacy Officer, whose details are shown in the How to Contact us section.
In some cases we may impose a moderate charge for providing access to personal or sensitive information. We will not charge you simply because you lodge a request for access.
Trojan have several areas on our website where you can submit feedback. Any feedback that is submitted through this area becomes the property of Trojan. We may use this feedback, such as success stories or responses to surveys, for marketing purposes, or to contact you for further feedback on the site.
How to Contact Us
If you wish to contact us about your personal or sensitive information please do so during normal office hours which are 8.30am to 5.30pm.
The Privacy Officer
Address: Trojan Recruitment Group
Private Bag 9
GLEBE NSW 2037
Phone: +61 2 9692 9155
General information about privacy may be found via www.privacy.gov.au and www.oaic.gov.au